Live action during piste preparation!
You can also get up close in the snowcat and get an insight into preparing the pistes. During a 2-hour ride in a snowcat which has between 380 to 527 horsepower you experience how our perfectly prepared pistes come into being. Surrounded by viewing screens in the air-conditioned high-tech cabin you glide over the snow layers. Children from the age of 4 years can ride in the snowcat.
Ride times and duration:
- Times must be booked 2 weeks in advance at the Planai Infopoint.
- Each ride lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Departure is at 17:00 at the Planai Mittelstation.
- Tickets can be purchased at the "Planet Planai" Infopoint.
- You need to organise your journey to the Mittelstation (possible via car).
- Rides take place from mid-December to the end of March.
- Monday, Tuesday on the Hochwurzen
- Wednesday to Friday on the Planai
As we also want our younger guests to have the chance to experience a snowcat in action, children of the age of 4 years and older are allowed to ride in the snowcat. Children (4 - 15 years) must be accompanied by an adult.
The snowcat rides are basically possible in all weather conditions. Short-term cancellations may, however, occur in poor weather conditions.
Although the snowcat is heated we recommend that you wear warm clothing. No ski boots.
Adults: € 90-
Children (4 - 15 years): € 45-
Booking and payment are to be done at the Planai Infopoint in the "Planet Planai" Valley Station. (Do book early!)
And if you are thinking of giving a present…
Rides can of course also be purchased in the form of vouchers.
Please contact our Infopoint team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +43 3687 22042-140.
An advance booking is also required for gift vouchers, and can be made at the Infopoint in the Planet Planai!