Welcome to our Winter Wonderland!
There is nothing quite as stunning as enjoying the natural peace of a snow-covered landscape or hiking with your children in the snow on the peak.
The 4-seasons hiking trail on Hochwurzen
It doesn't matter if you have Winter Hiking Ticket or not, the 4-seasons hiking trail is an amazing experience for everyone. You start with a comfortabel ride up with the Hochwurzen-summit-gondola to the top station. From the top you walk along the marked path, passing the "Kleine Hochwurzen Hütte" and following a part of the toboggan slope. After 5 minutes you turn right to the Winter hiking trail. The path is well prepared and leads you, with a view of the Reiteralm, after about 2 hours to the Winterer car park and Hochwurzen II bottom station. You can choose now if you hike up to Hochwurzen-summit gondola car park or take the ski bus to the car park.
Hopsi's winter hiking path Planai
Take a ride up with the new 10-seater panorama gondola from Schladming to the top station. On the top you pass the Schladminger Hütte, walk through the pedestrian-tunnel and take to Hopsi-Express. The "Märchenwiesen Hütte" is the official start for the 3 kilometres hiking path. During the hike you pass the "Little China Area", the "Steirereck" with its amazing view, "Lärchkogelhütte" and the Down-Under area "Croco-Trophy". You can get back to Hopsi's Children Winter Wonderland with the "Fahr Long" conveyor. The way back from "Märchenwiesen Hütte" to Schladming is the same with Hopsi-Express, through the pedestrian-tunnel and the 10-seater gondola.
It will take you about 45 minutes for the hike.
Winter hiking ticket
For winter lovers who want to see the mountain without skis, the Schladming-Dachstein region offers a great alternative thanks to the Winter Hiking Ticket.
This cost effective pedestrian ticket is valid on the Planai, Hochwurzen, Dachstein, Galsterberg, Reiteralm and Hauser Kaibling and includes rides on the following cableways (maximum of 3 rides per day):
- Planai: Planai gondola, Planai West
- Hochwurzen: Rohrmoos I and II, Gipfelbahn Hochwurzen, Obertalbahn, Hochwurzen II
- Dachstein-Südwandbahn (1 time within 7 days) incl. Ice Palace, suspension bridge and stairway to nothingness
- Galsterberg: Gondola
- Reiteralm: Silver Jet, Preunegg Jet, DSL Reiteralm I (Pichl), Sepp‘n Jet, 6er-Chairlift Gasselhöhe
- Fageralm: DSL Forstaubahn und DSL Jägerlift
- Hauser Kaibling: 8er Gondel, Quattralpina, Schladminger Tauernseilbahn, Höfi-Express I
It also includes following busses:
- busses of the Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen in the local area of Schladming and Rohrmoos-Untertal (except night bus) and Citybus Schladming
- ski busses within the region of Schladming-Dachstein