Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen is a pioneering flagship enterprise which offers outstanding leisure experience and turns customers into fans.
We wear the mantle of our regional responsibility with pride, as a reliable partner on equal footing.
Skilled, committed employees are the basis for the long-term business success of the company and the achievement of our objectives.
This is Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen GmbH
- The Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen GmbH company was established in 1970.
- The company's total revenue for its 2016/17 financial year was approximately EUR 45 million.
- With up to 410 employees - of whom 230 are employed year-round- the Planai is the largest company in the upper Ennstal valley. Per year 3-5 apprentices start their training in our company.
- Since 1995 we have invested approx. € 200 million.
- With about 700 snow-making machines the largest array of snowmaking equipment in Austria guarantees snow on the Planai & Hochwurzen.
- Annually 2.01 million guests visit the Planai-Hochwurzen Bahnen.
- All in all there are 31 cable cars and lifts in operation.
- With a 28% female workforce, Planai leads the way among Alpine cable car operators.
- Lines of business: Planai, Hochwurzen, Galsterberg, Dachstein, Planai Bus/Travelling, Planai Catering Trade, Der Wilde Berg Mautern, Kartrace Schladming
- Specials: Hopsiland Planai, Dachstein Suspension Bridge, Dachstein Ice Palace and much more
- Director: Dir. Georg Bliem